Please DO NOT order your prescriptions more than 2 WEEKS BEFORE you to run out as they will not be processed at this time.
Please DO NOT collect any prescriptions from the Health Centre.
ALL PRESCRIPTIONS WILL BE SENT DIRECTLY TO BOOTS IN AVIEMORE OR MILTON OF LEYS PHARMACY.
Unfortunately we are not in a position to arrange collection by any other pharmacy at the present time.
You can request a repeat prescription in the following ways:
- Hand in the tear off slip from your repeat prescription form (using the outside mailbox to the left of the patient entrance to the Health Centre) or
- Post the tear off slip from your repeat prescription form or
- Write your request on any piece of paper along with your name and date of birth and hand it in at the practice (using the outside mailbox)
- Order your prescriptions online via Patient Services (if you are not yet registered for this service please see information below)
Online Prescription Requests
Our upgraded Online Patient Services is linked to our patient records system and is called 'Patient Services'. There is a link to this service in the 'Online Services' tab on the website.
To register for Patient Services, please complete our Registration Form for Online Services and email it to High-UHB.GP55911-Admin@nhs.net, along with a photograph of a valid form of personal identification such as a passport or a driving licence. We will process your request and you will then be emailed your Registration Letter with details of how to create your secure online account with Patient Services.
Each member of your family will need to complete a separate Online Services Registration Form, even if you are sharing the same email address.
Please note we no longer accept direct emails or telephone calls for prescription requests.
- Please check your medication stocks regularly as urgent 'same day' requests continue to occur and place a considerable strain on what is already a busy system, only certain drugs will be considered for urgent requests.
- Please note that if you run out of your repeat medication, the local pharmacist can provide an emergency supply until your request can be processed in the normal manner by the practice.
- We respectfully remind all patients that maintaining your supply of medication is your own personal responsibility.
All medications on repeat prescription need to be reviewed at least annually by the doctors. You may receive a request to come in for a review. Similarly, we may indicate to you that you require something else (e.g. blood pressure or cholesterol review) and we would be grateful if you could make an appointment if requested to do so.
Medication Collection (New Times!)
To ensure you have a sufficient supply of all your repeat prescriptions please request your next prescription in plenty time.
Please also specify clearly whether you wish to collect the prescription from the Health Centre or from the local pharmacy.
The table below sets out the minimum timescales from handing in a request until collecting the prescription.
Please be aware that these timescales are a guide - some medications need to be ordered by the pharmacist and will take longer.
Submitted before 4pm
Ready to collect @ Health Centre
(option not available at the moment)
Ready to collect @ Boots
Wednesday from 8.30am
Thursday from 9am
Thursday from 8.30am
Friday from 9am
Friday from 8.30am
Saturday from 9am
Monday from 8.30am
Tuesday from 9am
Tuesday from 8.30am
Wednesday from 9am
Please bear in mind that in the run up to public holidays local pharmacies can be extremely busy and these timescales can become stretched.