Visit us on Facebook
Welcome to Aviemore Medical Practice
Important: Attend Anywhere Please Click Here for information about our Video Consultation service.
The surgery is open and we are working hard to ensure that core services are maintained, for your safety and the safety of our staff, we would ask you to read the website carefully as we will try to keep it updated with any information and links that might help you at this time.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, please follow the guidance below:
- Whilst we appreciate all that people are doing to help the NHS during this time, it's vital those with non-coronavirus health concerns still seek help as they would have before the outbreak. Your GP surgery is here for you, so please don't ignore the warning signs, you are looking after yourself and the NHS by doing so.
- If you do not have symptoms of Coronavirus and need to speak to a Doctor or Nurse about another matter, please phone the surgery on T: 01479 810258. Our receptionists will ask for an outline of the issue you wish to discuss and you will be called back by one of our clinical staff. If it is felt necessary, we will arrange to see you in the surgery for assessment. During out of hours (6pm-8am) call 111, or in an emergency dial 999.
- It is important that you do attend appointments that have not been cancelled be they regular appointments, child immunisations or hospital appointments.
- Please do not come to the surgery unless invited to do so.
- For updates and links please see the Community Resources menu.
- If you need a sick line for your employer, it can be downloaded here: NHS Isolation Note
Aviemore Medical practice is a seven doctor medical practice offering medical services for residents of and visitors to Aviemore and surrounding area. We feel privileged to work in an area of outstanding natural beauty - the stunning Cairngorm National Park.
Our practice is unique in many ways - we are the only designated casualty unit in Scotland with no overnight beds, the only general practice in the UK that provides primary medical attention to significant numbers of skiers, snowboarders and other outdoor enthusiasts.
We also provide an immediate medical care service assisting other emergency services at road accidents etc. Please understand that at times this may result in one or more GPs being called away from the practice at short notice. We appreciate that this may lead to delays but hope you'll agree that if someone's life is in imminent danger, then this has to take priority over routine surgeries.
Our practice aspires to be a centre of excellence for medical training and we currently offer primary care education to a variety of doctors in training at various stages of their careers as well as undergraduate medical students. With our research involvement, we can provide a tailored learning experience for all.
(Site updated 29/06/2020)